Lovely spicy plum sauce
- 2.75kg dark red plums
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 6 cups malt vinegar
- 10 large cloves garlic crushed
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp ground mace
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- pinch chilli flakes
- 1 Tblsp salt
- Using a large preserving pan , add plums, vinegar, sugar, garlic, lemon zest and juice, ground pepper, ground mace, ground ginger, ground cloves, cayenne pepper, pinch chilli flakes and salt.
- Bring to the boil stirring frequently and cook until looks pulpy.
- Pass through a coarse sieve and then return to the pan, boil for 5 mins approx. and then pour into sterilised bottles and seal.
maison de cuisine http://www.maisondecuisine.co.nz/