CHOCOLATE LAVENDER FRIANDS
A taste of Provence..chocolate with a hint of lavender all wrapped up in a light friend.
- 125g Softened butter
- 2 eggs separated
- 1.25 cups caster sugar
- 1.25 flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa (use a good one!!)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup of natural plain yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp fresh English lavender buds (make sure you break these down)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees. I use fan bake.
- Grease your friand pan or muffin pan .
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl and then beat in the egg yolks.
- Sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder and add. Then add the yoghurt and vanilla and fold in until all combined.
- In another bowl beat egg whites until they are stiff. Fold into chocolate fixture along with the lavender buds and chocolate chips.
- Spoon into your buttered pans and bake until springy to touch,approx. 30 minutes.
- Cool before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with icing sugar and decorate with lavender flowers.
maison de cuisine https://www.maisondecuisine.co.nz/