Braised onion and smoked salmon tart
- 2 sheets frozen butter puff pastry
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 4 onions sliced
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 200g sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. chopped chives and dill
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 400g smoked salmon
- 2 cups mixed soft herbs including dill, chives, basil and coriander
- 2 Tbsp. light olive oil
- 1Tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C .Cut one of the sheets of pastry into 4 squares and brush the edges with beaten egg.
- Cut 1cm strips from the other pastry sheet and place on the pastry squares to form a border. Press down gently and brush with the remaining egg.
- Place on an oven tray and bake for 15 mins until golden and crisp. Cool to room temp.
- In a saucepan heat the oil and butter add the onion and ¼ cup water cover and cook on a low heat until the onion is soft (approx 20 mins).remove the lid and add the vinegar and cook over a med heat until the liquid has evaporated. Cool...
- Mix the sour cream, chopped herbs and lemon juice and season to taste. Fill the pastries with the onion mixture then top with the sour cream and smoked salmon.
- Toss the herbs with oil and lemon juice, season and serve on top of the tarts Makes (4)
- These tarts are ideal as a light lunch with some fresh asparagus on the side.
maison de cuisine https://www.maisondecuisine.co.nz/