A lovely fresh lamb salad cooked med rare and served on a bed of rocket accompanied by cherry tomatoes, mint, olives and crumbled feta
- Lamb rumps (One rump will be enough for 2 people )
- Rocket and any other greens from your garden
- Mint and some cherry tomatoes
- Olives(I like the green ones )
- Finely chopped rosemary and lemon zest
- The main part is cooking the lamb rumps. This makes this dish!!!! They need to be cooked med rare.
- Roll rumps in finely chopped rosemary and lemon zest on both sides
- Pan fry in hot pan 3 mins on either side .
- Don't cover the rumps just put in small baking pan and into a hot oven 200 degrees for 10 mins.
- They will need no turning. Take out of oven and cover in foil. Leave at least 10 mins or serve cold.
- Finely slice rumps and place on a bed of rocket or whatever greens you have in the garden.
- Scatter cherry tomatoes, olives, ripped mint and scatter with crumbled feta.
- Serve with a dressing or just as is.
- This is an ideal dish for a summer lunch. Dont over cook the lamb...it needs to be med rare to be enjoyed.
maison de cuisine https://www.maisondecuisine.co.nz/