Almond & Honey drizzle cake
An easy delicious cake that is handy to have when visitors pop in.
- 3/4 c sugar
- 225g soft butter
- 1/3 c honey(use any type but you may need to heat it )
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 eggs room temp
- 2 c flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 70g ground almonds
- 1/2c milk
- 1/4c each honey, brown sugar
- 50g butter
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 70g toasted sliced almonds
- 1.Preheat oven to 180c.Line the base of a 22cm loose bottom cake pan with baking paper.
- 2.Cream the butter , sugar , honey and vanilla essence with an electric beater until light and fluffy
- 3.Add the eggs one at a time beating well between each egg.
- 4.Sift the flour and baking powder into a sep bowl. Stir in the ground almonds.
- 5.Add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk to the creamed butter mixture.
- 6.Spoon mixture into your prepared pan smoothing down the top.
- 7.Bake in pre heated oven for 45-50 mins.
- 8.Test with a skewer to make sure it is cooked and the skewer comes out clean.
- 9.Now make the Honey syrup.
- 10.Place the honey, sugar and butter into a small pan,stir med heat and until sugar is dissolved.
- 11.Bring this mixture to a boil.
- 12.Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the lemon juice.
- 13.Pour most of the syrup over the cake as it comes out of the oven.
- 14.Sprinkle oven the sliced almonds and any remaining syrup.
- 15.leave the cake to cool in the pan.
- 16.serve with a dollop of yoghurt or whipped cream.
- This is lovely as a dessert with lovely creamy custard as well.
maison de cuisine https://www.maisondecuisine.co.nz/