Almond Sponge Roll
A wonderful almond roll that is soft ,tasty and sure to impress.
- 3 eggs separated
- 100g caster sugar
- 30g flour
- 20g cornflour
- 20g ground almonds
- pinch salt
- fruit jam icing sugar.
- Whipped cream and slithered almonds (Optional )
- 1.Whisk together 3 egg yolks and the sugar until pale and creamy
- 2.Carefully fold in the flour and then the cornflour, almonds and salt
- 3.Whisk the 3 egg whites to a firm meringue and then fold into the mixture
- 4.Spread the mixture out on a baking tray lined with baking paper or a non stick tray. Bake for 10- 15 minutes at 180 degrees. It should be well risen and springy to the touch
- 5.Spread the warm sponge with fruit jam. Roll up and dust with icing sugar .
- 6.If you wish you can pipe a line of whipped cream down the length of the roll and decorate with slithered almonds
- Spongy, soft and ever so delicious.
maison de cuisine https://www.maisondecuisine.co.nz/