Chocolate Lavender Friands
Moorish chocolate friands with a hint of lavender
- 125g butter
- 1.25 cups sugar
- 2 eggs separated
- .25 cup cocoa( use dutch cocoa if you have it )
- 1.25 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- .5 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp English lavender buds
- .25 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease your friand or muffin pan.
- Cream the butter and the sugar in a large bowl and then beat in the egg yolks.
- Sift flour, cocoa and baking powder and add to bowl. Add yoghurt and vanilla and gently fold in.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks. Then fold into the chocolate mixture with the lavender buds and the chocolate chips.
- Spoon into prepared pans and bake until springy to touch, approx 25 minutes.
- Cool slightly before turning out onto a wire rack to cook completely.
- Dust with icing sugar and decorate with lavender flowers to serve.
maison de cuisine https://www.maisondecuisine.co.nz/