110g plain flour
1. Sift the flour with the salt into a bowl and make a well in the centre, exposing the bottom of the bowl.
2. Whisk together the eggs and milk in a jug.
3, Pour approximately 1/4 of the milk and egg mixture into the well. Using a whisk gradually draw in the flour from the sides as you whisk.
4. When the mixture reaches the consistency of thick cream, beat well and stir in the oil.
5. Whisk in the remaining egg and milk mixture. The mixture should now have the consistency of thin cream.
6. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 30mins. (This is done so that the starch cells will swell, giving a lighter result.
7. Prepare a frying pan by heating well and wiping with oil.
8. When the pan is ready, pour a small amount of the batter and swirl around the pan until evenly spread across the bottom.
9. Place over the heat and after a minute, using a palate knife and your fingers!!! Turn the crepes over and cook until golden brown.
Serve with wonderful fresh Hawke’s Bay berries or squeezed lemon juice.