Gluten free chocolate cake
So Moorish. You can use as a cake or dessert
- 200g Whitakers dark chocolate (50% or higher )
- 150g butter cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 eggs separated and at room temp
- 1.25 cups ground almonds sifted
- 2 tbsp. sifted cocoa
- pinch salt
- Raspberry coulis and whipped cream to serve
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees fan bake
- Line the base and sides of 20cm round spring form baking pan with baking paper.
- Place chocolate and butter into a heatproof bowl over a pot of gently boiling water, stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and rapidly stir in the sugar, vanilla and beaten egg yolks. . NOTE: when adding in the eggs add slowly but beat all the time while adding.
- Fold in the ground almonds and cocoa.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites and salt until stiff.
- Take a large spoonful of the whites and fold into the chocolate mixture to loosen. Carefully fold in the remaining egg whites.
- Spoon into the prepared pan.
- Cook in preheated oven for 40 minutes .(This is a perfect cooking time for my oven )
- This cake will be cooked when a skewer is inserted and come out slightly fudgy.
- Leave in the pan for 5 minutes then cool on a baking rack.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with whipped cream and raspberry coulis,
- This cake has a soft centre and is so lovely served either as a cake or desert. Served with coulis and whipped cream...it is delicious. It stays moist for about days.
maison de cuisine https://www.maisondecuisine.co.nz/