A moist delicious cake ideal at Easter or for a celebration
- 3 large bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup passionfruit pulp
- 425g can crushed pineapple including the juice
- 11/3rd cup sugar
- 3 eggs-size 6 are fine
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 11/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1tsp vanilla extract or essence if you have none
- 11/4 tsp. baking soda
- 45g soft butter
- 80g softened cream cheese
- 31/4 cups icing sugar
- 1Tblsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Passionfruitbpulp to decorate
- So simple...put all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix until combined. How easy is that!!!!!!
- Pour into a prepared 23cm round tin . I use a tin with a removable base and I just spray before adding the batter.
- Bake for an hour to an hour and a quarter at 180 degrees. I use fan bake.
- Check with a skewer to make sure it comes out cleanly.
- Cool in tin on a wire rack
- Ice cake when completely cool.
- Beat butter and the cream cheese with an electric beater until smooth and creamy . Add the remaining ingredients and beat again until smooth...this takes a few minutes.
- Spread generously over the cake and decorate the top with the passionfruit pulp
- This cake needs to be served on a plate with a fork
maison de cuisine https://www.maisondecuisine.co.nz/