Mushroom & Carrot loaf
Vegetarian loaf wonderful with a fresh green salad.
- 1 med onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 200g mushrooms
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups grated carrot(Make sure you peel first )
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp.panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. grated cheese
- Chop finely the onion and garlic. Cook onion until almost soft and add garlic . Add the sliced mushrooms...(I used button mushrooms).Cook until softened.
- Transfer the cooked onion and mushrooms mixture to a medium sized bowl and then add the next 9 ingredients. Mix together well and then pour into a non stick loaf tin. If worried line with baking paper. I used a really good non stick pan, no paper and it came out fine.
- Sprinkle the remaining breadcrumbs, cheese and paprika.
- Cover with foil and bake 180 degrees for 30mins,remove foil and cook another 30 mins until golden brown and the centre is firm when pressed.
- Serve with salad or your favourite vegetables..great hot or cold...winter or summer!!!!!
maison de cuisine https://www.maisondecuisine.co.nz/