Spicy Aubergine and Prawns
A great use of aubergines if you get over run with them in summer.
- 2 cups of prawns
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp. grated ginger
- 4 spring onions sliced
- 1 large Aubergine cubed
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tsp. sweet chilli sauce
- Ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp. cornflour mixed with 1 tbsp. cold water
- Udon noodles or noodles of your choice.
- 1. Heat 1 tsp. of the sesame oil(Make sure the oil is fresh ) in a wok and quicly sear prawns until pink-remove and set aside
- 2. Add remaining oil to wok and add ginger, garlic and half the spring onions.Cook until wilted
- 3. Add the cubed aubergine stir-fry for a couple of minutes, make sure you keep turning them.
- 4.Add the soy and fish sauce, sweet chilli sauce, pepper and the stock. Simmer for about 6 minutes or until aubergine is tender. Add cornflour that has been mixed with water and stir until sauce has thickened.
- 5. Put prawns and noodles back into the pan just before serving. Garnish with remaining spring onions.
- 6. You could omit the noodles and serve with rice if preferred.
- A really tasty dish using aubergine.
maison de cuisine https://www.maisondecuisine.co.nz/