A wonderful winter treat of spicy (but not hot ) lamb chops
- 8 chops
- 2 large onions finely chopped
- 1 500g jar plum jam or use your own
- 4 tbsps. soya sauce
- 4 tbsps. white vinegar
- 2 tsps. ground ginger
- 4 tsps. curry powder
- dash of corn flour to thicken if needed.
- Take 8 chops , I sometimes use lamb but shoulder chops etc are fine to use. Take off all the fat. Pop into a casserole dish with a sprinkle of salt, a sprinkle of flour and about 1/4 cup water.
- Cook for about an hour on a low heat (150 ) ..all you are doing is drawing out all the fat and only partially cooking the chops.
- Take out the chops, drain off the fat and put the chops back into the casserole dish with the Sauce mixture.
- To make the sauce mixture put onions into a pot with a big knob of butter and a bit of water and cook for about 10mins until soft and glossy. Then add soya, vinegar and spices and cook until well combined. Put into casserole with the chops and cook for another 30-45 min at 180 degrees. The sauce can be thickened with corn flour at the end before serving.
- Dinner Party:This can be served with dauphinoise potatoes and green beans, baby carrots.
- Family Meal: Serve with mashed potatoes and peas.(Make sure you put sauce of the potatoes )
- This sauce is lovely with sausages and steak.
- A real winter comfort dish
maison de cuisine https://www.maisondecuisine.co.nz/