SWEET CHILLI SAUCE
A lovely sweet chilli sauce just with a little bite!!
- 500g long fresh chillies stems trimmed
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 3 cups caster sugar
- 1.Halve 100g of the chillies and place in the processor bowl. Halve and de seed the remaining chillies. Coarsely chop and add to processor bowl. Add garlic and 250ml white vinegar. Process until finely chopped.
- 2.Place the chilli mixture, remaining vinegar and caster sugar in a large saucepan over a low heat.Cook stirring for 5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- 3. Increase the heat to high and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally for 35-40 minutes or until sauce thickens. Pour into sterilised jars and seal.
- I have used frozen chillies from last season and these work just as well. Chillies are easy to grow so give them a go!!!
maison de cuisine https://www.maisondecuisine.co.nz/