Tomato Chilli Jam
Wonderful to have a jar in the fridge or pantry. Lovely added to rice and with chicken or on crackers with cheese
- 4 long red chilli (Grow your own they are easy )
- 500g ripe tomatoes -remove cores and roughly chop
- 5 large peeled garlic cloves
- 2 thumb sized pieces ginger peel and chop roughly
- 100ml red wine vinegar
- 2 Tblsp fish sauce
- 300g castor sugar
- 1.Place half of the tomatoes and all of the chillis, garlic, ginger and fish sauce in a blender and process to a fine puree.(You can use a food processor but blender gives a better result)
- 2. Place the puree, sugar and vinegar in a pot and bring to the boil slowly, stir all the time.
- 3. Chop the rest of the tomatoes into small dice approx. 5cm dice.
- 4.Turn down the pot to a med boil and add diced tomatoes.
- 5. Cook med boil 25mins stirring every 5 mins to avoid burning on the bottom!!!
- 6.When ready the jam will look thick and glossy. If you wish try the standard jam test.
- 7.Pour into sterilised jars and seal. Will keep up to 12 months.
- 8.Keep in fridge once jar is opened.
- You will want to make a few batches to share with friends!!!
maison de cuisine https://www.maisondecuisine.co.nz/